Research & Publications
Dr. Elena L. Grigorenko received her Ph.D. in general psychology from Moscow State University, Russia, in 1990, and her Ph.D. in developmental psychology and genetics from Yale University, United States, in 1996. Dr. Grigorenko has published more than 350 peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and books. She has received awards for her work from five different divisions of the American Psychological Association (Divisions 1, 7, 10, 15, and 24). She also won the APA Distinguished Award for Early Career Contribution to Developmental Psychology and the AERA Sylvia Scribner Award for research representing significant advancement in the understanding of learning and instruction. Dr. Grigorenko has worked with children and their families in the United States as well as in Africa (Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar, the Gambia, and Zambia), India, Saudi Arabia, and Russia. Her research has been funded by the NIH, NSF, NIJ, DOE, and other federal and private sponsoring organizations.
Education & Training
- PhDYale University (1996)
- PhDMoscow State University (1990)
- Zambia, disabilitiesZambia 2010Reading Disabilities in Zambian children
- Russia, developmental disordersRussia 2010Genetic Bases of Developmental Language Disorders
- Saudi ArabiaSaudi Arabia 2010Etiological Bases of Giftedness
- Education Quality for AllGhana 2008This was a large-scale project designed to evaluate types and quantities of children with special educational needs both in and out of school in Ghana, as well as to assist in developing policies for providing services for these children. The project has been completed.