Global Child Refugee Crisis: Call to Action
Millions of children around the world are facing dire situations of conflict, violence and insecurity. An expert panel of some of the world’s largest development/relief agencies has been convened to inform an action plan to mobilize the Yale community around the global child refugee crisis. Members of the Yale Faculty will also introduce ongoing initiatives on campus to engage with peace building and refugee relief efforts.
- UNICEF – Dr. Nicholas Alipui, Director of Programs and Director and Senior Adviser on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- ACEV – Mother and Child Foundation (Turkey) – Ayla Goskel, CEO
- Doctors Without Borders (MSF);Unni Karunakara – Former International President of Médecins Sans Frontières, Sr. Fellow Yale Jackson Institute
- IRC International Rescue – Katie Murphy, Early Childhood Development Technical Advisor
- IRIS Refugee Resettlement Program (New Haven) – Christopher George, Executive Director
- Yale's role in the global child refugee crisis
- Event participant survey results forthcoming.
News: Event Announcement & Press Coverage
- Yale News: 7 Oct. 2015 - Experts urge Yale to take a leading role in the child refugee crisis
- Yale Daily News: 6 Oct. 2015 - Panelists Discuss Growing Refugee Crisis
- New Haven Register: 6 Oct. 2015 - Yale conference in New Haven addresses helping child refugees
- Greenwich Time: 30 Sept. 2015 - Top relief experts to convene at Yale on child refugee crisis
- Yale News: 29 Sept. 2015 - Yale hosts panel on the global child refugee crisis
For more information and if you wish to participate in the development of the Plan of Action working group, please contact: Angelica Ponguta, MPH, PhD / Yale Child Study Center / firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is sponsored by the Yale Child Study Center, The Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies at Yale, the Yale Global Health Leadership Institute, and the Yale UNICEF Chapter.