Dr. Nikolov’s research interests include psychopharmacological treatments for symptoms complicating the care of children with developmental disabilities. More recently his research has focused on supervision and training of child and adolescent psychiatry fellows and quality management and improvement in inpatient psychiatric services.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Galanter CA, Nikolov R, Green N, Naidoo S, Myers MF, Merlino JP: Direct Supervision in Outpatient Psychiatric Graduate Medical Education. Acad Psychiatry. 2016 Feb; 2014 Nov 26. PMID: 25424638
- Scahill L, McDougle CJ, Aman MG, Johnson C, Handen B, Bearss K, Dziura J, Butter E, Swiezy NG, Arnold LE, Stigler KA, Sukhodolsky DD, Lecavalier L, Pozdol SL, Nikolov R, Hollway JA, Korzekwa P, Gavaletz A, Kohn AE, Koenig K, Grinnon S, Mulick JA, Yu S, Vitiello B, Research Units on Pediatric Psychopharmacology Autism Network.: Effects of risperidone and parent training on adaptive functioning in children with pervasive developmental disorders and serious behavioral problems. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2012 Feb; 2011 Dec 23. PMID: 22265360
- Aman MG, McDougle CJ, Scahill L, Handen B, Arnold LE, Johnson C, Stigler KA, Bearss K, Butter E, Swiezy NB, Sukhodolsky DD, Ramadan Y, Pozdol SL, Nikolov R, Lecavalier L, Kohn AE, Koenig K, Hollway JA, Korzekwa P, Gavaletz A, Mulick JA, Hall KL, Dziura J, Ritz L, Trollinger S, Yu S, Vitiello B, Wagner A, Research Units on Pediatric Psychopharmacology Autism Network.: Medication and parent training in children with pervasive developmental disorders and serious behavior problems: results from a randomized clinical trial. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2009 Dec. PMID: 19858761
- King BH, Hollander E, Sikich L, McCracken JT, Scahill L, Bregman JD, Donnelly CL, Anagnostou E, Dukes K, Sullivan L, Hirtz D, Wagner A, Ritz L, STAART Psychopharmacology Network.: Lack of efficacy of citalopram in children with autism spectrum disorders and high levels of repetitive behavior: citalopram ineffective in children with autism. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2009 Jun. PMID: 19487623
- Nikolov RN, Bearss KE, Lettinga J, Erickson C, Rodowski M, Aman MG, McCracken JT, McDougle CJ, Tierney E, Vitiello B, Arnold LE, Shah B, Posey DJ, Ritz L, Scahill L: Gastrointestinal symptoms in a sample of children with pervasive developmental disorders. J Autism Dev Disord. 2009 Mar; 2008 Sep 13. PMID: 18791817
- Nikolov R, Jonker J, Scahill L: [Autistic disorder: current psychopharmacological treatments and areas of interest for future developments]. Braz J Psychiatry. 2006 May; 2006 Jun 12. PMID: 16791391