What is the deadline for applications?
- All application materials must be received by February 1, 2017.
What needs to be included in my application?
A complete application includes one copy of each of the following items:
- A resume
- Official transcripts
- A 2 page personal statement containing biographic material, relevant experience, and career goals - can be single or double spaced
Please include your full name on every page of the items listed above.
- Two sealed and signed letters of recommendation which speak directly to the candidate's potential
Can I send application materials in separately?
- While we prefer to receive all application materials in one envelope, official transcripts and letters of recommendation may be mailed directly from your school. All other materials must be mailed together. Materials must be received by February 1, 2016.
How can I find out if all my application materials were received?
- Once your full application package is received (whether you send it all together or separately) you should receive an email notification. If you are sure that you have sent in your materials and have not heard back within a week of a reasonable date of receipt, follow up with an email email@example.com.
What happens between the time my application is received and the Fellowship is awarded?
- Once all the applications are received, they are thoroughly reviewed and selected applicants will be invited for an interview. The Fellowship will not be awarded without an interview.
When do interviews take place?
- Applicants will be contacted for interviews in March.
What qualifications would make someone a good fit for this position?
- There is no one set of qualifications that makes someone a good fit for this position. We are looking for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. That being said, candidates should be comfortable with a variety of programming languages. Candidates should also have an interest in working with clinical populations.
When is the start date of the fellowship?
- The start date is July 2017.
What is the length of the fellowship?
- The length of the fellowship is 2 years
Is the position full-time?
- Yes. Monday - Friday, 8:30-5:00, and some Saturdays.
Are there opportunities for Fellows to obtain a graduate degree?
- There is no direct opportunity to obtain a degree during the fellowship, but one of the core goals of the fellowship is to prepare Fellows for graduate studies and for related future careers.
Are there any benefits included in this position?
- Fellows receive health care coverage through the Yale Health Plan. Dental is not included.
Do Fellows have the opportunity to give posters and publish papers?
- Yes, Fellows are strongly encouraged and expected to submit their research for posters and publications. Fellows are also funded (in addition to the stipend) to attend one conference per year.
What lab or group meetings do Fellows attend?
- Fellows will attend weekly lab and curriculum meetings with our immediate research group and weekly science meetings with the entire autism research group at the Yale Child Study Center. Weekly lab meetings offer the opportunity to discuss ongoing research within our group. During curriculum meetings the lab discusses relevant background literature. Science meetings will provide the opportunity to hear about ongoing research and to present their own work/project at the Yale Child Study Center.
What daily responsibilities will the Fellows have?
- Fellows' primary training experience will be in designing and implementing computational strategies to analyze eye-tracking and related data. During their two years, fellows will be involved in a series of experimental research projects. These projects will be driven by current questions in social neuroscience and autism research. Fellows will also have opportunities for direct clinical interaction with patients and their families.
Do the recipients of this Fellowship come straight out of college, a few years out but without a Master's Degree, or those who have Master's Degrees?
- Our applicants are widely educated and experienced. We do not require years of experience or a Master's Degree, as we only require a Bachelor's. However, applicants with a few years of experience or with Master's Degrees are encouraged to apply and will be given equal consideration.