New Haven MOMS Partnership℠
The New Haven MOMS Partnership℠ began in 2011 and has successfully reduced depressive symptoms and increased social and economic mobility among over-burdened, under-resourced mothers, thereby strengthening generations of families to flourish and succeed. New Haven MOMS is a program of the Mental Health Outreach for MotherS (MOMS) Partnership®.
The MOMS Partnership® Vision and Mission
The MOMS Partnership imagines a world where every mother receives optimal mental health care, where her basic needs are met, and where the community is responsive to her needs.
The mission of the MOMS Partnership is to reduce depressive symptoms and increase social and economic mobility among over-burdened, under-resourced mothers, thereby strengthening generations of families to flourish and succeed.
- We believe that family wellness first begins with mothers.
- We believe that quality care is culturally responsive and gender specific.
- We believe that a mother includes all women who are either pregnant and/or parenting.
- We believe family social and economic mobility is integral to family wellness.
- We believe that systems transformation is essential to maternal and child emotional wellness.
How We Fulfill Our Mission
- Conduct mental health treatments specific to mothers
- Develop a maternal mental health-literate, community-based workforce
- Provide leadership for and conduct research on family mental health and its connection to social and economic mobility
- Provide centralized family economic success and job readiness supports