Post Graduate Research Assistant
A post-graduate research assistant position is available at the Hoffman Lab, Child Study Center and Department of Neuroscience, Yale University, New Haven, CT USA.
The main goal of the Hoffman Lab is to gain new insights into the roles of genes associated with autism spectrum disorders at the molecular, cellular, and circuit levels to develop improved pharmacological treatments. To accomplish this, we use zebrafish CRISPR-generated mutants of autism risk genes to directly visualize the functions of these genes in the developing nervous system and to perform high-throughput behavior-based screens.
- Conduct research, working with the principal investigator to plan, design,and perform experiments.
- Perform high-throughput behavioral experiments and drug screens to identify abnormal behaviors in zebrafish mutants of autism risk genes.
- General lab maintenance, including organizing databases, placing orders, maintaining stock solutions.
- Assist in maintenance of zebrafish facility. Breed and genotype zebrafishto maintain genetic lines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences, Neuroscience, or a related field.
- Previous experience in basic science research.
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, excellent organizational skills.
Candidates should send the following to Dr. Ellen Hoffman:
- A cover letter describing interest in the position.
- Unofficial transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Find out more at www.hoffmanlab.net