CBIT Student Innovation Coordinator
The Yale Center for Biomedical Innovation and Technology (CBIT) provides students, faculty, and researchers at the university needed resources to translate and commercialize ideas into new medical technologies, diagnostics, digital technologies, and healthcare enterprises. Through skill-building, education, direct mentorship, network connections, and cross-disciplinary collaboration, CBIT helps innovators achieve more than they could on their own. CBIT is currently seeking a student innovation coordinator. The Yale CBIT Innovation Coordinator will assist with the center’s programs and events and support the center’s mission. They will help staff coordinate upcoming events and programs, organize student and faculty engagement, and participate in design of post event survey tools. The innovation coordinator will also assist with outreach strategies to increase CBIT presence throughout the community.
The ideal candidate is energetic, engaged and excited about innovation and entrepreneurship in the biomedical/healthcare field.
- Outgoing, team-oriented individual
- Able to efficiently organize time and manage projects; detail-oriented
- Willingness to collaborate and share ideas in CBIT working group session
- Willing to actively connect with individuals and groups across campus to learn about their needs and engage them with CBIT
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person
- Forward-thinking attitude and sense of humor a must
CBIT Student Communications Coordinator
The Yale Center for Biomedical Innovation and Technology (CBIT) provides students, faculty, and researchers at the university needed resources to translate and commercialize ideas into new medical technologies, diagnostics, digital technologies, and healthcare enterprises. Through skill-building, education, direct mentorship, network connections, and cross-disciplinary collaboration, CBIT helps innovators achieve more than they could on their own.
CBIT is currently seeking a student communications coordinator. This position will support CBIT staff and leadership in improving and implementing CBIT’s communications strategy through creation of promotional materials, contribution to CBIT’s website and social media accounts, as well as effective outreach with the Yale community to effectively deliver CBIT’s mission, resources and success stories. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an understanding of effective marketing/social media approaches.
- Write content for website, blogs, newsletters, etc. to be shared with the Yale community and beyond
- Organize and assist with promotion of CBIT’s programs, projects, and events on various social media platforms and in partnership with collaborative groups on campus
- Collect and provide feedback on the effectiveness of CBIT’s communication strategy
- Support maintenance of website content, news and successes
Leadership Innovation Fellowship
Leadership Innovation Fellowship: Yale graduate students and clinical residents are eligible to apply for the CBIT Leadership Innovation Fellowship. The year-long opportunity provides insight into the pathway for translating a technology into a product. The CBIT Leadership Innovation Fellow will receive mentorship from CBIT and at least one external mentor to define key questions that must be addressed to determine whether a new biomedical product idea related to determine whether their solution is commercially viable. Fellows will also have the opportunity to network with key stakeholders in the healthcare space. Funds will be provided for related expenses to support innovation evaluation.
Interested applicants should submit their CV/resumes and a one page personal statement on their reasons for pursuing the program and their qualifications. A brief recommendation and statement of interest preferably from the individual's thesis/research/clinical advisor and one additional recommendation is required. Applications are due each year in April for the next academic year. Contact email@example.com for more information.