The Northeast Medical Student Queer Alliance #pushforpronouns
Mission: Yale Cancer Center is committed to promoting diversity, eliminating disparities, and embracing health equity through research, education, and clinical care.
“Diversity as a core value embodies inclusiveness, mutual respect, and multiple perspectives, and serves as a catalyst for change resulting in health equity. In this context, we are mindful of all aspects of human differences, such as socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, geography, disability and age.” Marc Nivet, EdD, AAMC Chief Diversity Officer
- To promote disparities related research
- To encourage participation of diverse populations in clinical trials
- Cultural competence and humility
- Training researchers, educators and clinicians of diverse backgrounds
- Health literacy
- Community outreach/education
- Engagement with community partners in improving access, screening and cancer care for diverse populations
- Patient-centered care/patient-family advisory council
- Language services
- Appropriate patient education materials
- Diverse workforce
Click here to read Kaleidoscope, a quarterly e-newsletter to inform you about events, learning opportunities, and research at Yale Cancer Center related to Diversity and Health Equity.