A diagnosis of cancer may be the most difficult challenge you or your loved ones will ever face. Your team of health care professionals at Yale Cancer Center is available to give you as much support as you need.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your care, please contact:
Patient Advocacy Office
Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully. If you have any questions, please contact our privacy office at the address or phone number at the bottom of this notice.
We understand that medical information about you is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you. We create a record of the care and services you receive to provide quality care and to comply with legal requirements. This notice applies to all of the records of your care generated by any of the separate facilities and providers described below.We are required by law to:
- Keep medical information about you private;
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to medical information about you; and
- Follow the terms of the notice that is currently in effect.
In any other situation not covered by this notice, we will ask for your written authorization before using or disclosing medical information about you. If you choose to authorize use or disclosure, you can later revoke that authorization by notifying us in writing of your decision.
You have the right to request that medical information about you be communicated to you in a confidential manner, such as sending mail to an address other than your home, by notifying us in writing of the specific way or location for us to use to communicate with you.
You may receive a paper copy of this Notice from us upon request, even if you have agreed to receive this notice electronically.
- If you are concerned that your privacy rights may have been violated, or you disagree with a decision we made about access to your records, you may contact the Privacy Office listed below.
- If you are not satisfied with our response, you may send a written complaint to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights. Our Privacy Office can provide you the address. Under no circumstances will you be penalized or retaliated against for filing a complaint.
HIPAA Privacy Office
2 Whitney Ave, Suite 204