Aging; Molecular Biology; Systems Biology; Gene Regulatory Networks; Synthetic Biology
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Biochemistry, Quantitative Biology, Biophysics and Structural Biology (BQBS)
Please see: www.acarlab.yale.edu
Specialized Terms: Systems biology, synthetic biology, gene regulatory networks, noise in gene expression, aging, evolution of gene networks.
Extensive Research Description
Please see: www.acarlab.yale.edu/research
Enhancement of cellular memory by reducing stochastic transitions.
Acar M, Becskei A, van Oudenaarden A. Enhancement of cellular memory by reducing stochastic transitions. Nature 2005, 435:228-32. 2005
Stochastic switching as a survival strategy in fluctuating environments.
Acar M, Mettetal JT, van Oudenaarden A. Stochastic switching as a survival strategy in fluctuating environments. Nature Genetics 2008, 40:471-5. 2008
A general mechanism for network-dosage compensation in gene circuits.
Acar M, Pando BF, Arnold FH, Elowitz MB, van Oudenaarden A. A general mechanism for network-dosage compensation in gene circuits. Science (New York, N.Y.) 2010, 329:1656-60. 2010
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Elison GL, Xue Y, Song R, Acar M: Insights into Bidirectional Gene Expression Control Using the Canonical GAL1/GAL10 Promoter. Cell Rep. 2018 Oct 16. PMID: 30332652
- Sarnoski EA, Song R, Ertekin E, Koonce N, Acar M: Fundamental Characteristics of Single-Cell Aging in Diploid Yeast. iScience. 2018 Sep 28; 2018 Aug 17. PMID: 30267689
- Song R, Sarnoski EA, Acar M: The Systems Biology of Single-Cell Aging. iScience. 2018 Sep 28; 2018 Sep 3. PMID: 30267677
- Luo X, Song R, Acar M: Multi-component gene network design as a survival strategy in diverse environments. BMC Syst Biol. 2018 Sep 26; 2018 Sep 26. PMID: 30257679
- Xue Y, Acar M: Live-Cell Imaging of Chromatin Condensation Dynamics by CRISPR. iScience. 2018 Jun 29; 2018 Jun 5. PMID: 30027155
- Elison GL, Acar M: Scarless genome editing: progress towards understanding genotype-phenotype relationships. Curr Genet. 2018 Jun 5; 2018 Jun 5. PMID: 29872908
- Xue Y, Acar M: Mechanisms for the epigenetic inheritance of stress response in single cells. Curr Genet. 2018 May 30; 2018 May 30. PMID: 29846762
- Chatterjee M, Acar M: Heritable stress response dynamics revealed by single-cell genealogy. Sci Adv. 2018 Apr; 2018 Apr 18. PMID: 29675464
- Liu P, Acar M: The generational scalability of single-cell replicative aging. Sci Adv. 2018 Jan; 2018 Jan 31. PMID: 29399632
- Sarnoski EA, Liu P, Acar M: A High-Throughput Screen for Yeast Replicative Lifespan Identifies Lifespan-Extending Compounds. Cell Rep. 2017 Nov 28. PMID: 29186697
- Liu P, Song R, Elison GL, Peng W, Acar M: Noise reduction as an emergent property of single-cell aging. Nat Commun. 2017 Sep 25; 2017 Sep 25. PMID: 28947742
- Elison GL, Song R, Acar M: A Precise Genome Editing Method Reveals Insights into the Activity of Eukaryotic Promoters. Cell Rep. 2017 Jan 3. PMID: 28052256
- Peng W, Song R, Acar M: Noise reduction facilitated by dosage compensation in gene networks. Nat Commun. 2016 Oct 3; 2016 Oct 3. PMID: 27694830
- Song R, Peng W, Liu P, Acar M: A cell size- and cell cycle-aware stochastic model for predicting time-dynamic gene network activity in individual cells. BMC Syst Biol. 2015 Dec 9; 2015 Dec 9. PMID: 26646617
- Liu P, Young TZ, Acar M: Yeast Replicator: A High-Throughput Multiplexed Microfluidics Platform for Automated Measurements of Single-Cell Aging. Cell Rep. 2015 Oct 20; 2015 Oct 9. PMID: 26456818
- Peng W, Liu P, Xue Y, Acar M: Evolution of gene network activity by tuning the strength of negative-feedback regulation. Nat Commun. 2015 Feb 11; 2015 Feb 11. PMID: 25670371
- Song R, Liu P, Acar M: Network-dosage compensation topologies as recurrent network motifs in natural gene networks. BMC Syst Biol. 2014 Jun 14; 2014 Jun 14. PMID: 24929807