Yale Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (YSACNAS)
How to Contact Us
Email : email@example.com Facebook:YSACNAS Twitter:@YSACNAS Instagram:@YSACNAS
The Yale SACNAS chapter is an inclusive group dedicated to fostering the success of URM BIPOC groups, Chicanos/Hispanics, Native Americans, African Americans, women, gender minorities, and allies from college students to professionals, in attaining advanced degrees, careers, and positions of leadership in STEM.
True diversity in STEM.
True diversity means that the STEM disciplines, including leadership positions, reflect the demographics of the population.
SACNAS at Yale
The SACNAS Chapter at Yale was founded in 2017 to foster a community among scientists and promote the National SACNAS mission by providing resources to underrepresented students in STEM at every educational level.
Our members have the opportunity to train as leaders by spearheading, attending, and collaborating in events throughout the academic year. Our events follow into the following three categories:
Academic and Professional Development Opportunities
- Peer-to-Peer Mentorship
- Guest speakers
- Qualifying exam and research presentation practice talks
- Study hours
- Workshops: how to pick the right lab, how to give a poster talk, applying for grants and fellowships, resume building, career chats, diversity at work, etc.
- SACNAS National and Regional Conferences
- Teaching middle and high school students through Yale Pathways to Science
- Engagement with visiting undergrad students from the BioMed AMGEN summer program at Yale
- Participation in Yale Graduate School Diversity Preview Days
- Community-based events in the New Haven Community (Why We Love Science, Pathways to Science, Hispanic Heritage Month, Fiesta Latina, Yale Sprout and Splash Day)
Social and Community Building
- Ice cream socials in collaboration with
- Game Nights
- Movie Nights
- General Body Meetings
- Holiday Parties
- Cultural Celebrations (Hispanic Heritage Month, Día de Los Muertos)
Arte Inc, YBDIC, oSTEM, WISAY, SWE, Pathways to Science, STARS, BioMed-AMGEN... and more to come!