All rotations take place at Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital:
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia
- Anesthesia for Thoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Ambulatory Anesthesia
- Orthopedic Anesthesia
- ENT Anesthesia
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pre-Admission Testing Clinic
- Pain Management
- Regional Anesthesia
- Post Anesthesia Care
- Out of OR anesthetizing locations (including Interventional radiology, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and the cardiac catheterization laboratory)
Fellows have the opportunity to rotate through all of the above rotations during their clinical anesthesia year. Pediatric Anesthesiology fellows are also expected to supervise Anesthesiology residents, residents and fellows from rotating services, as well as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) as part of a care team model.
Fellowship Training Year
- Every Monday and Wednesday 6:30-7: Advanced topics on pediatric anesthesia. Pediatric anesthesiology faculty and fellows are assigned chapters from a pediatric anesthesiology textbook (Gregory).
- Every Friday: 1 hour Pediatric Cardiology echocardiography, catheterization, and electrophysiology conference
- Every Friday: 1 hour department grand rounds
- Bites with Barash: a journal club with Paul Barash who will attempt to “bite out” key elements of discussed articles
- Departmental Journal club
During the fellowship year, most fellows are also preparing for their Anesthesiology written and oral board exams. As part of the department’s overall teaching, fellows can attend the board review series, held every Friday 4:00-5:30.