The primary venue for the department's clinical activities is Yale-New Haven Hospital, which includes both the York Street and Chapel Street (the former Hospital of St. Raphaels) campuses. We deliver care in more than 80 clinical locations, including inpatient and ambulatory operating rooms, labor and delivery suites, the Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, and The Smilow Cancer Center. We also provide anesthesia care at the West Haven Veterans Administration Hospital and Temple Surgical Center.
As a patient at Yale-New Haven Hospital you can expect:
- Information about pain and pain relief procedures
- A concerned staff committed to pain prevention and management
- Health care professionals who respond quickly to reports of pain
- Your report of pain to be believed
- State-of-the-art pain management
- Dedicated pain-relief specialists