The Class of 1999 had a fantastic time at their 20-year reunion! On Saturday morning, Jessica Haberer and Elly Falzarano Barry participated in an Alumni panel entitled “The Paths We’ve Traveled,” focusing on transitioning within and outside of the medical profession. This was followed by an all-class reunion barbeque in the Harkness Ballroom and Patio (which look exactly the same), and then our class gathered at Bar for pre-dinner drinks and socializing. The highlight of the day was the Saturday night dinner at the Quinnipiack Club where we shared lots of fun memories as we looked through copies of our old yearbook (courtesy of Tanya)!
We had an amazing turnout including:
- Elly Falzarano Barry is a pediatric oncologist who is working in clinical trials at Pfizer in Cambridge, Mass. She has twins (one boy and one girl), aged 9.
- Ken Baum is a lawyer specializing in medical drug and device litigation. He and his wife Julie have a 9 year-old son.
- Candace Camacho is an internist practicing in a primary care setting in southern New Hampshire. She has three boys aged 6, 10 and 12.
- Deanna Chin and her husband, John Maloney. Deanna is a radiologist, focusing on breast imaging, in New Jersey. They have two children aged 11 and 13.
- Matt Cooperberg is a urologist practicing at UCSF. He and his wife, Jackie Dolev who is a dermatologist, have two children, aged 6 and 10.
- Alison Days is practicing pediatrics and social medicine in El Paso, Texas. She has two children (aged 8 and 13) and a step-son.
- Geoff Emerson is an ophthalmologist specializing in retinal disease in Minneapolis. His wife, Lynda Kauls, is a dermatologist, and they have three children.
- Ara Feinstein is a trauma surgeon in Phoenix. He has two children, aged 1 and 3.
- Jesse Flaxenburg and his wife, Cynthia. Jesse is a nephrologist in Colorado. They have four children, aged 9, 11, 13 and 14.
- David Friedman is a nephrologist at Beth-Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Kristen and David Gershfield live in California. Kristen is practicing as a hospitalist in Menlo Park, and Dave is a neurologist in Palo Alto. They have two children, aged 14 and 17.
- Jessica Haberer is a Global Health specialist at Mass General Hospital and often travels to Uganda. Jessica has three children aged 13, 16 and 17.
- Chloe Hanchard is a pediatrician in private practice in the Boston/Massachusetts North Shore area, and has two kids, aged 10 and 13.
- Jonathan Henderson is in a family practice in Georgia. His wife is an OB/GYN who works for the CDC. They have three daughters.
- Dirk Johnson and his wife, April. Dirk is a trauma surgeon at Yale-New Haven Hospital. They have two children.
- Jen Kreshak is an orthopaedic oncologic surgeon, working via Harvard on a government collaboration to improve medical education in Rwanda, where she and local colleagues started the country’s first orthopaedic residency program.
- Dennis Lee and his wife, Heena. Dennis is a dermatologist practicing in the Boston area, specializing in Mohs surgery, and Heena is a pediatrician at Beth-Israel Deaconess Hospital. They have two sons.
- Lou Marrotti and his wife, Jill. Lou is a neurosurgeon in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. They have two children, aged 1 and 3.
- Aaron Milstone and Amy Winklestein. Aaron is a pediatric infectious disease specialist at John Hopkins, and Amy is a pediatrician in private practice. They have two children, aged 12 and 15.
- Abhi Patel is a radiation oncologist practicing at Yale-New Haven Hospital and also has his own research lab. He has two children, aged 7 and 10.
- Jose and Tanya Prince. Jose is a pediatric surgeon at Cohen Children’s Hospital in Long Island, and Tanya is an OB/GYN and on the faculty at the Medical School. They have three children, aged 9, 12, and 14.
- Andrew Resnick is a surgeon practicing in Milwaukee and has two children, aged 7 and 10.
- Michelle Sanders is in a pediatric primary care practice in Boston. Her husband, Eric, is an electrical engineer.
- Sherri Sandifer practices general pediatrics in Houston, Texas. She is still singing and making music and even has her own Pandora station.
- Sandra Santiago is a specialist in musculoskeletal radiology in a private practice in Westchester, NY. She has three boys aged 3, 9 and 14.
- Deb Steinbaum is a pediatrician practicing in New Jersey, and has two sons.
- Rick Torres and his wife, Mick. Rick practices laboratory medicine at YNHH.
- Joy Weinberg is working as a hospitalist in New York City.
- Megan Lisska was not able to attend but writes that she is a forensic psychiatrist in the Bay Area and recently built a psychiatric hospital within a county jail to help inmates with severe mental illness. She has two children, aged 5 and 8.
- Kathryn Cunningham Hourdequin, also not in attendance, shares that she is a GI Oncologist at Dartmouth in New Hampshire. She has three children, aged 7, 9, and 11.
We had a great time at dinner, sharing lots of stories and laughs, and remembering our classmates who were not able attend. We all felt thankful to spend time together again, and thankful to Yale Medical School for organizing a great reunion. We encourage our classmates to continue to connect and stay connected, and look forward to our 25-year reunion in 2024!
—Elly Falzarano Barry and Deanna G. Chin