Health Care Economics and Organizations; Health Services Research; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation
Public Health Interests
Employee benefits; Health Care Quality; Health Care Financing; Health Care Management; Health Economics; Health insurance; Health Policy; Managed Care; Medicare/Medicaid; Mental Health; Substance abuse
Extensive Research Description
- Effects of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) on behavioral health care use and spending.
- Demand for the chronic care model in behavioral health
- Involuntary use of out-of-network health care
- Financial incentives to quit smoking in Connecticut Medicaid
- Transitions clinic network: linking high-risk Medicaid patients from prison to community
- Implications of the Affordable Care Act for individuals with behavioral health disorders
- FDA safety warnings and antidepressant use among youths
- Brief interventions for alcohol and other drug problems in the Emergency Department
- D’Onofrio G, O’Connor PG, Pantalon MV, Chawarski MC, Busch SH, Owens PH, Bernstein SL, Fiellin DA. (2015) Emergency Department-initiated Buprenorphine/Naloxone Treatment for Opioid Dependence: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2015; 313:1636-1644
- Muench U, Sindelar J, Busch SH, Buerhaus PI. (2015). Salary Differences between Male and Female Registered Nurses in the United States. JAMA. 313(12):1265-1267.
- Busch SH, Golberstein E, Meara E. (2014). ACA Dependent Care Coverage Provision Reduced High Out-of-Pocket Health Care Spending for Young Adults. Health Affairs. 33(8):1361-1366.
- Meara E, E Golberstein, R Zaha, SF Greenfield, WR Beardslee, SH Busch (2014). Use of Hospital-Based Services among Young Adults With Behavioral Health Diagnoses Before and After Health Insurance Expansions. JAMA Psychiatry. 71(4):404-411.
- Busch SH, E Golberstein, E Meara (2014). The FDA and ABCs: Unintended Consequences of Antidepressant Warnings on Human Capital. The Journal of Human Resources. 49(3):540-571.
- Busch SH, AJ Epstein, MO Harhay, DA Fiellin, H Un, D Leader, CL Barry (2014). The Effects of Federal Parity on Substance Use Disorder Treatment. American Journal of Managed Care. 20(1):76-82.