Linda Geralde Marc ScD, MPH
Lecturer in Public Health; Education and Curriculum Development Director, Harvard School of Public Health
Dr. Marc is a Lecturer in Public Health Practice at Yale School of Public Health, and the Principal Investigator of the study on the Recruitment and Retention of Minority Faculty. Her primary appointment is at the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH), and currently the Education and Curriculum Development Director within the Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Center (PERLC), and a Research Associate in the Department of Biostatistics at HSPH. On the PERLC Core Curriculum Committee, she is the lead faculty member for ensuring that cultural issues relevant to vulnerable populations (e.g., ethnic minorities, multilingual audiences, immigrant and lower socioeconomic status groups) are addressed when developing instructional models for PERLC.
In 2010 Dr. Marc received the “New Investigator Award” from the Harvard Preparedness and Emergency Response Research Center (PERRC). This work examined mental health literacy amongst persons of Haitian ancestry in the context of disasters. Her ongoing research focuses on post-disaster sexual violence in Haiti, with emphasis on mental health and HIV.
Dr. Marc is a contributing author to a recent book entitled, “Social Networks and the Mental Health of Haitian Immigrants.” Due to her knowledge and research on Haitians, in 2007 she was selected to serve on the Race and Ethnicity Advisory Committee for the US Census Bureau, and re-appointed to serve on the newly formed National Advisory Committee on Race, Ethnicity and Other Populations. She concurrently holds an appointment as a Lecturer in Public Health Practice at the Yale School of Public Health.
Education & Training
- Yale University (1992)
- Harvard University (2004)
- Harvard University (2005)
- Research Fellow
- Weill Medical College of Cornell, Psychiatry, NIMH Mood Disorders Program (2005 - 2007)
- Research Fellow
- Cambridge Health Alliance-Harvard Medical School, NIMH-Ethnic Group Differences in Mental Health,, Psychiatry (2008 - 2009)
Honors & Recognition
- Appointment (2007-2012) Vice Chair, African-American Race & Ethnicity Advisory Committee
US Census Bureau (2007)
- Appointment (2012-2015) Convenor of the Race and Hispanic Research Working Group, National Advisory Committee on Race, Ethnicity and Other Populations
US Census Bureau (2012)