Public Health Interests
Cost-effectiveness; Disease transmission; Modeling
Extensive Research Description
Hepatitis C elimination
The impact of human movement on HPV transmission, cervical cancer incidence, and optimal vaccination policy.
Clostridium difficile nosocomial and community transmission dynamics
- ML Ndeffo Mbah, DP Durham, LA Skrip, EO Nsoesie, JS Brownstein, D Fish, AP Galvani. Evaluating the effectiveness of localized control strategies to curtail chikungunya. Scientific Reports, 2016; in press.
- DP Durham, ML Ndeffo Mbah, L Skrip, FK Jones, CT Bauch, AP Galvani. The national and state level impact and cost-effectiveness of nonavalent HPV vaccination in the US. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 2016; in press.
- DP Durham, MA Olsen, ER Dubberke, AP Galvani, and JP Townsend. Quantifying transmission of Clostridium difficile in and out of health care settings. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2016; 22(4):608-616.
- DP Durham, LA Skrip, RD Bruce, S Vilarinho, EH Elbasha, AP Galvani, JP Townsend. The Impact of Enhanced Screening and Treatment on Hepatitis C in the United States. Clin Infect Dis, 2016; 62(3):298-304
- D Gurarie, N Yoon, E Li, M Ndeffo-Mbah, DP Durham, AE Phillips, HO Aurelio, J Ferro, AP Galvani, CH King. Modelling control of Schistosoma haematobium infection: predictions of the long-term impact of mass drug administration in Africa. Parasit Vectors, 2015; 8: 529.
- EO Nsoesie, RP Ricketts, HE Brown, D Fish, DP Durham, ML Ndeffo Mbah, T Christian, S Ahmed, C Marcellin, E Shelly, K Owers, N Wenzel, AP Galvani, JS Brownstein. Spatial and Temporal Clustering of Chikungunya Virus Transmission in Dominica. PLoS Negl Trop Dis, 2015 Aug; 9(8): e0003977.
- M Ndeffo-Mbah, DP Durham, J Medlock, A Galvani. Country- and age-specific optimal allocation of dengue vaccines. J Theor Biol, 2014; 342:15-22.
- DP Durham, ML Ndeffo Mbah, J Medlock, PM Luz, LA Meyers, AD Paltiel, AP Galvani. Dengue dynamics and vaccine cost-effectiveness in Brazil. Vaccine, 2013; 31(37):3957-61.
- DP Durham, E Poolman, Y Ibuka, J Townsend, A Galvani. Reevaluation of epidemiological data demonstrates that it is consistent with cross-immunity among human papillomavirus types. J Infect Dis, 2012; 206(8):1291-8.
- H Padmanabha, DP Durham, F Correa, M Diuk-Wasser, A Galvani. The interactive roles of Aedes aegypti super-production and human density in dengue transmission. PLoS Negl Trop Dis, 2012;6(8):e1799.