Infectious Disease Medicine
School of Public Health: Vector-borne
My research interests lie primarily in the area of emerging infectious diseases. I have worked to develop surveillance systems for the detection of emerging pathogens, developed hospital and practice–based cohorts to define infectious disease burden and epidemiology, and performed a number of validation studies to limit biases in estimation of incidence rates. My current work focuses largely on the epidemiology of chronic liver disease with an emphasis on liver disease due to hepatitis C infection.
- Arthington-Skaggs, BA, Lee-Yang, W., Ciblak, MA, Frade, JP, Brandt, ME, Hajjeh, RA, Harrison, LH, Sofair, AN, Warnock, DW. Comparison of Visual and Spectrophotometric Methods of Broth Microdilution MIC Endpoint Determination and Evaluation of a Sterol Qua
- Sofair, AN. Hepatitis C. Part 2. Consultant. 2002 42(4): 465-473.
- Sofair, AN. Hepatitis C. Part 1. Consultant. 2002 42(2): 157-161.
- Hajjeh, R, Relman, D, Cieslak, P, Sofair, AN, Fisher, M, Zaki, S, Shieh, W, Passaro, D, Johnson, J. , Perkins, B, Surveillance for Unexplained Illness and Deaths, 1995-1999. Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal. 2002 8: 145-153.
- Bia, F. and Sofair, AN. Anthrax-what you-and your patients-need to know now. Consultant. 2001 41(14): 1797-1805.