Vincent T DeVita Jr MD
Amy and Joseph Perella Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology) and Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases)
Drug Resistance; Hodgkin's Disease; Lymphomas; Molecular Technology.
Writing a lay history of the war on cancer.
Primary interest in the mechanisms cancer cells use to develop resistance to cancer drugs. The molecular switches.
Extensive Research Description
Interest in how cancer cells manipulate molecular pathways to circumvent drug resistance. Aimed at identifying appropriate molecular targets for combination targeted treatment.
- DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA, (Eds) DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 10th Edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2014.
- DeVita VT, Eggermont AMM, Hellman S, Kerr D. NRCO 10 Year Viewpoint Anniversary: Clinical cancer research: the past, present and the future. NRCO 11(11) Nov. 2014 (in press)
- Canellos GP, Rosenberg SA, Friedberg JW, Lister TA, DeVita VT. Treatment of Hodgkin's Lymphoma: A 50-Year Perspective. JCO 32(3) Jan 20, 2014.
- Oncology in Primary Care. eds Rose M, DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA. Lippencott Williams and Wilkens, Philadelphia, PA, May 2013.
- Physicians' Cancer Chemotherapy Drug Manual. eds DeVita VT, Chu E. Jones and Bartlett, Sudbury, MA, 2013.
- DeVita VT, Rosenberg SA. Two Hundred Years of Cancer Research. NEJM 366 (23) June 2012.