Vincent T DeVita Jr MD
Amy and Joseph Perella Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology) and Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases)
Drug Resistance; Hodgkin's Disease; Lymphomas; Molecular Technology.
Writing a lay history of the war on cancer and preparing the 10th edition of "Cancer: Principles&Practice of Oncology."
Primary interest in the mechanisms cancer cells use to develop resistance to cancer drugs. The molecular switches.
Extensive Research Description
Interest in how cancer cells manipulate molecular pathways to circumvent drug resistance. Aimed at identifying appropriate molecular targets for combination targeted treatment.
- Oncology in Primary Care. eds Rose M, DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA. Lippencott Williams and Wilkens, Philadelphia, PA, May 2013.
- Physicians' Cancer Chemotherapy Drug Manual. eds DeVita VT, Chu E. Jones and Bartlett, Sudbury, MA, 2013.
- DeVita, VT, Jr. and Rosenberg, SA. Two Hundred Years of Cancer Research. NEJM 366; 23, June 7, 2012.
- Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology: Primer of the Molecular Biology of Cancer. eds DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, 2011.
- DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA, (Eds) DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 9th Edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2011.
- The Cancer JournalThe Journal of Principles & Practice of Oncology, V 17 (1-6) Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia, PA, 2011.