Health Care Economics and Organizations; Health Services Research; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation
Public Health Interests
Employee benefits; Health Care Quality; Health Care Financing; Health Care Management; Health Economics; Health insurance; Health Policy; Managed Care; Medicare/Medicaid; Mental Health; Substance abuse
WHRY Pilot Project Program Investigators
Extensive Research Description
- Effects of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) on behavioral health care use and spending.
- Demand for the chronic care model in behavioral health
- Involuntary use of out-of-network health care
- Financial incentives to quit smoking in Connecticut Medicaid
- Transitions clinic network: linking high-risk Medicaid patients from prison to community
- Implications of the Affordable Care Act for individuals with behavioral health disorders
- FDA safety warnings and antidepressant use among youths
- Brief interventions for alcohol and other drug problems in the Emergency Department
D’Onofrio G, O’Connor PG, Pantalon MV, Chawarski MC, Busch SH, Owens PH, Bernstein SL, Fiellin DA. (2015) Emergency Department-initiated Buprenorphine/Naloxone Treatment for Opioid Dependence: a randomized clinical trial.
JAMA. 2015; 313:1636-1644
Muench U, Sindelar J, Busch SH, Buerhaus PI. (2015). Salary Differences between Male and Female Registered Nurses in the United States.
Busch SH, Golberstein E, Meara E. (2014). ACA Dependent Care Coverage Provision Reduced High Out-of-Pocket Health Care Spending for Young Adults.
Health Affairs. 33(8):1361-1366.
Meara E, E Golberstein, R Zaha, SF Greenfield, WR Beardslee, SH Busch (2014). Use of Hospital-Based Services among Young Adults With Behavioral Health Diagnoses Before and After Health Insurance Expansions.
JAMA Psychiatry. 71(4):404-411.
Busch SH, E Golberstein, E Meara (2014). The FDA and ABCs: Unintended Consequences of Antidepressant Warnings on Human Capital.
The Journal of Human Resources. 49(3):540-571.
Busch SH, AJ Epstein, MO Harhay, DA Fiellin, H Un, D Leader, CL Barry (2014). The Effects of Federal Parity on Substance Use Disorder Treatment.
American Journal of Managed Care. 20(1):76-82.