Nadia Abdala PhD, DVM
Research Scientist in Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases)
- Alcohol and HIV Risk Reduction in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
Saint Petersburg, Russia(2007)
A study to culturally adapt and test the potential efficacy of an Alcohol and HIV risk reduction intervention for STD clinic patients in Russia.
- Integrating Sex and Drug Related HIV Risk
Russia(2006 - 2011)
Investigating HIV Risk and Transmission Related to Sex and Drugs
- HIV Bridge Population in STI Clinics, Russia
Russia(2005 - 2011)
This study aimed at identifying HIV Bridge Populations and assessing HIV prevention needs of men and women attending STI Clinics in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- HIV Transmission in Russia Through Liquid Drug Injection
Russia(2003 - 2006)
This study was conducted in 11 Russian cities in all seven regions of the country. The study examines the use of liquid drug injections and its role in the spread of HIV in Russia. The project has been completed.
- Prevalence of Sexually Transmittd Diseases (STDs) among IDUs in St. Petersburg, Russia
Russia(2003 - 2008)
This study investigates the prevalence of STDs and risk factors of STDs among a sample of IDUs seeking medical care at the Biomedical Center in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- HIV Prevention in Russia
Russia(2002 - 2008)
HIV Prevention Trial for At-Risk Young people in Russia
- Risk Assessment of STDs among Intravenous Drug Users (IDUs) in Russia
Russia(2001 - 2003)
This study estimated the prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and sexually transmitted diseases (STD) within a sample of injection drug users (IDUs) seeking services at a Needle Exchange Program in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Syringe Simulation Study
United States(1998 - 2003)
This study determined the viability, longevity, and susceptibility to disinfection of infectious HIV recovered from syringes and drug injection paraphernalia.
Education & Training
- Universidade Federal de Uberlandia (1984)
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat Munchen, Munich (1993)