Lisa Calvocoressi MSW, PhD
Associate Research Scientist in Public Health (Biostatistics)
Dr. Calvocoressi’s primary research interests are in cancer epidemiology and prevention. She is currently participating in a multisite study that is examining the impact of genetic and environmental factors on the development of meningiomas. She has also investigated factors influencing mammography screening in diverse populations.
In addition, Dr. Calvocoressi is the primary developer of the Family Accommodation Scale, a clinician-rated instrument used in research and clinical practice to assess the behaviors of adult family members of patients with obsessive compulsive disorder (FAS-IR). A self-rated version of the instrument has just been developed (FAS-SR) and work is underway to develop a children’s version of the scale.
- Claus EB, Calvocoressi L, Bondy ML et al. Dental x-rays and risk of meningioma. Cancer. 2012 Sep 15;118(18):4530-7.
- Pinto A, Van Noppen B, Calvocoressi L. Development and preliminary psychometric evaluation of a self-rated version of the Family Accommodation Scale for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. In press, Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders.
- Calvocoressi L, Stowe M, Carter D, Claus EB. Postmenopausal hormone therapy and ductal carcinoma in situ: A population-based case control study. Cancer Epidemiology, in press.
- Claus EB, Calvocoressi L, Bondy ML et al. Family and personal medical history and risk of meningioma. Journal of Neurosurgery 2011 (July 22) [Epub ahead of print].
- Wiemels JL, Wrensch M, Sison J, Zhou M, Bondy M, Calvocoressi L, Black PM, Yu H, Schildkraut JM, Claus EB. Reduced allergy and immunoglobulin E among adults with intra-cranical meningiomas compared to controls. International Journal of Cancer 2011 (Feb 7) [Epub ahead of print].
- Calvocoressi L and Claus EB. Epidemiology and natural history of meningiomas. In Pamir MN, Black PB, Fahlbusch R (eds.). Meningiomas: A Comprehensive Text. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier, 2010.
- Calvocoressi L, Sun A, Kasl SV, Claus EB, Jones BA. Mammography screening of
women in their forties: impact of changes in screening guidelines. Cancer 2008; 112:473-80.
- Accompanying Editorial: Brem, RF. Editorial for “Mammography screening of women in their forties: impact of changes in screening guidelines.” Cancer 2008; 112:458-60.
- Dailey A, Kasl SV, Holford TR, Calvocoressi L, Jones BA. Neighborhood-level socioeconomic predictors of non-adherence to mammography screening guidelines. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 2007; 16(11):2293-303.
- Claus EB, Bondy M, Black PM, Calvocoressi L, Schildkraut J, Wiemels JL, Wrensch M. Exogenous hormone use and meningioma risk: what do we tell our patients? Cancer 2007; 110:471-6.