Associate Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases)
- Pachankis, J. E., Hatzenbuehler, M. L., & Starks, T. J. (in press). The influence of structural stigma and rejection sensitivity on young sexual minority men's daily tobacco and alcohol use. Social Science & Medicine.
- Pachankis, J.E., Lelutiu-Weinberger, C, Golub, S. A., & Parsons, J.T. (in press). The development of an online risk-reduction intervention for young gay and bisexual men using social networking technology. AIDS and Behavior.
- Pachankis, J. E., Buttenwieser, I. G., Bernstein, L. B., & Bayles, D. O. (in press). A longitudinal, mixed methods study of sexual position identity, behavior, and fantasies among young sexual minority men. Archives of Sexual Behavior.
- Clyman, J., & Pachankis, J. E. (in press). The relationship between objectively-coded explanatory style and mental health in the stigma-related narratives of young gay men. Psychology of Men and Masculinity.
- Pachankis, J. E., & Hatzenbuehler, M. L. (2013). The social development of contingent self-worth among sexual minority young men: An empirical test of the "Best Little Boy in the World" hypothesis. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 35, 176-190.
- Lelutiu-Weinberger, C., Pachankis, J.E., Golub, S., Walker, J.J., Bamonte, A. J., & Parsons, J (2013). Differential association of psychosocial factors and HIV risk behavior for younger and older sexual minority men. AIDS and Behavior, 17, 340-349.
- Pachankis, J.E., & Bernstein, L. (2012). An etiological model of anxiety in young gay men: From early stress to public self-consciousness. Psychology of Men and Masculinity, 13, 107-122.
- Hatzenbuehler, M.L., Pachankis, J.E. , & Wolff, J. (2012). Religious climate and health-risk behaviors in LGB youth: A population-based study. American Journal of Public Health, 102, 657-663.
- Pachankis, J.E., & Westmaas, J.L., & Dougherty, L.R. (2011). The influence of sexual orientation and masculinity on young men’s tobacco smoking. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 79, 142-152.