Edward H Kaplan
William N. and Marie A. Beach Professor of Management and Professor of Public Health (Health Policy)
Operations research for public policy and management; Homeland security and counter terror operations research; HIV/AIDS policy and management issues; Applied probabilistic modeling and statistics
- Nature Plays with Dice - Terrorists Do Not: Allocating Resources to Counter Strategic and Probabilistic Risks, European Journal of Operational Research, 192:198-208, 2009 (with Boaz Golany, Avi Marmur and Uri Rothblum).
- Estimation of HIV incidence in the United States, Journal of the American Medical Association, 300:520-529, 2008 (with H. Irene Hall, Ruiguang Song, Philip Rhodes, Joseph Prejean, Qian An, Lisa Lee, John Karon, Ron Brookmeyer, Matthew McKenna, and Robert Janssen).
- Suicide bombings and targeted killings in (counter) terror games, Journal of Conflict Resolution 51:772-792, 2007 (with Daniel Jacobson).
- Operational effectiveness of suicide-bomber-detector schemes: A best-case analysis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 102:10399-10404, 2005 (with Moshe Kress).
- Emergency response to an anthrax attack, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 100:4346-4351, 2003. (Published online before print March 21, 2003, 10.1073/pnas.0636861100; with David L. Craft and Lawrence M. Wein).
- Probability Models of Needle Exchange, Operations Research, 43:558-569, 1995.