David A. Fiellin MD
Professor of Medicine (General Medicine), of Faculty of Arts and Sciences and of Public Health (Health Policy); Professor, Investigative Medicine; Director, Community Research and Implementation Core, Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS (CIRA)
Departments & Organizations
SBIRT Training in Yale Residency Programs
School of Public Health: Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS
Internal Medicine: General Internal Medicine: Primary Care Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital; Addiction Medicine | play2PREVENT
Substance Abuse Research
Psychotherapy Development Center
Substance abuse treatment in primary care; Emergency department and HIV specialty settings opioid agonist treatment with buprenorphine; Pharmacologic treatment of alcohol more...
- B.A., Earlham College, 1983
- M.D., Emory University, 1991
- Fiellin DA, Schottenfeld RS, Cutter CJ, Moore BA, Barry DT, O’Connor PG. Primary care–based buprenorphine taper vs maintenance therapy for prescription opioid dependence a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Internal Medicine 2014; 174(12): 1947-1954. PMID: 25330017
- Becker WC, Fiellin DA. Federal plan for prescriber education on opioids misses opportunities. Annals of Internal Medicine 2012 Aug 7;157(3):205-6.
- Becker WC, Tobin DG, Fiellin DA. Nonmedical use of opioid analgesics obtained directly from physicians: prevalence and correlates. Archives of Internal Medicine 2011 Jun 13;171(11):1034-6.