Catherine Weikart Yeckel PhD
Associate Research Scientist in and Lecturer in Epidemiology (Environmental Health)
Departments & Organizations
Obesity; Insulin resistance; Exercise physiology and metabolism;Metabolic Syndrome; Autonomic Nervous System; Inorganic arsenic metabolism; Cardiovascular risk more...
- B.A., Oberlin College, 1983
- M.S., University of Pittsburgh, 1992
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Galveston, 2001
- Kunrath J, Gurzau, E; Gurzau A; Goessler W, Gelmann ER, Thach T, *McCarty KM; *Yeckel CW. Blood pressure hyperreactivity: An early cardiovascular risk in normotensive men exposed to low-to-moderate inorganic arsenic in drinking water. Journal of Hypertension Feb, 31(2):361-9. 2013. *= equal contribution as Senior Author
- Lin SF, Fan X, Yeckel CW, Weinzimmer D, Mulnix T, Gallezot JD, Carson RE, Sherwin RS, and Ding YS. Ex vivo and in vivo evaluation of the norepinephrine transporter ligand [(11)C]MRB for brown adipose tissue imaging. Nucl Med Biol. 39(7): 1081-6. Epub May 15, 2012.
- DiPietro, L , Dziura, J, Yeckel CW. Relation between abdominal obesity and early-phase hyperglycemia is modulated by hepatic insulin resistance in healthy older women. Diabetes Care. 33:165-167, 2010.