Louise-Marie Dembry MD, MS, MBA
Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) and of Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases); Co-Director, Yale-New Haven Hospital Quality Improvement Support Services; Hospital Epidemiologist, Yale-New Haven Hospital
Hospital epidemiology; Prevention and control of healthcare associated infections and antimicrobial resistant organisms; Molecular typing techniques in study of prevention and control of healthcare associated infections; Antimicrobial resistant organisms
Dr. Dembry's research interests are in hospital epidemiology, namely the prevention and control of nosocomial infections, antimicrobial resistant organisms and the use of molecular typing techniques in the study of these issues. Major focus of work is on vancomycin-resistant enterococci and transmission within acute-care facilities and other settings. Other interests include preparedness for public health emergencies, with a particular emphasis on 1) effective methods for training and educating clinicians, 2) healthcare facility and public health coordination and 3) surveillance methodologies.
- Comer A, Harris AD, Shardell M, Braun B, Belton BM, Wolfsthal SD, Dembry LM, et al. Web Based Training Improves Knowledge about Central Line Bloodstream Infections. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2011;32:1219-1222.
- Henderson DK, Dembry L, Fishman NO, Grady C, Lundstrom T, Palmore TN, Sepkowitz KA, Weber DJ. SHEA Guideline for Management of Healthcare Workers Who are Infected with Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, and/or Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2010;31:203-232.
- Hartwig KA, Burich D, Cannon C, Massari L, Mueller L, Dembry LM. Critical Challenges Ahead in Bioterrorism Preparedness Training for Clinicians. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. 2009;24:39-45.
- Dembry LM, Torres-Viera C. Strategies for Infection Control in Hospitals to Prevent the Spread of Infectious Diseases. European Infectious Disease. 2008, Volume 2, Issue 1, 122-124.
- Sharek PJ, Mullican C, Lavanderos A, Palmer C, Snow V, Kmetik K, Antman M, Knutson D, Dembry LM. Successful and Unsuccessful Interventions to Overcome Barriers to Best Practice Implementation in Quality Improvement Partnerships: Lessons Learned from the Partnerships for Quality Grant Program. Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 2007;33(1):16-26.
- Gupta K, MacIntyre A, Vanasse G, Dembry LM. Trends in B-lactam Prescribing for Community-Associated Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infections at an Academic Hospital. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 2007;45(12):3930-3934.
- Pashman J, Bradley EH, Wang H, Higa B, Fu M, Dembry LM. Promotion of Hand Hygiene Techniques through Use of a Surveillance Tool. Journal of Hospital Infection. 2007;66:249-254.
- Bizzarro MJ, Dembry LM, Baltimore RS, Gallagher PG. A Matched, Case-Control Analysis of Polymicrobial Bloodstream Infection in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2008;29:914-920.