James Loggins Hadler MD, MPH
Associate Clinical Professor of Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases)
Extensive Research Description
Infectious diseases are one of the main contributors to global
mortality and morbidity. The Division of Epidemiology of Microbial
Diseases (EMD) has a tradition of both research and teaching courses
designed to understand the distribution, transmission, pathogenesis,
and ultimately the control of pathogens. A unique feature of EMD is
the strong laboratory component within an epidemiology division. Areas
of excellence include HIV/AIDS, vector biology, parasitology, molecular
epidemiology, immunology, and the modeling of infectious diseases.
- France AM, Jackson M, Schrag S, Lynch M, Zimmerman C, Biggerstaff M and Hadler JL: Household transmission of novel H1N1 influenza A following a school-based outbreak in New York City. (Accepted in December 2009 for publication in JID in April 2010).
- Pilishvili T, Lexau C, Farley MM, Hadler J, Harrison LH, et al. Sustained reductions in invasive pneumococcal disease in the era of conjugate vaccine. JID 2010; 201:32–41.
- Hadler JL, Boulton ML, Dwyer L, Chao E and Lemmings J: Assessment of epidemiology capacity in state health departments - United States 2009. MMWR 2009; 58:1373-1377.
- Brackbill R, Hadler J, DiGrande L, Ekenga CC, Farfel MR, et al. Asthma and posttraumatic stress symptoms 5 to 6 years following exposure to the World Trade Center attack. JAMA 2009;302:502-16.
- Mlynarski D, Rabatsky-Her T, Petit S, Purviance K, Mshar PA, Begier EM, Johnson DG and Hadler JL. Evaluation of gram positive rod surveillance for early anthrax detection. Epidemiology and Infection 2009;137:1623-1630.
- Guh A, Barden D, Glynn K, Stratidis J, Fontana J, Kelley K, Hoffmaster A, Shadomy S, Martinez K, Purviance K, Cartter M, Guerra M, Smith T, Marston C, LeRoy S and Hadler J. Cutaneous anthrax associated with drum-making using goat hides from West Africa - Connecticut, 2007. MMWR 2008;57:628-31.
- Sosa LE, Lobato MN, Condren T, Williams MN and Hadler JL. Outbreak of tuberculosis in a correctional facility: consequences of missed opportunities. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases 2008;12:689-91.
- Rabatsky-Ehr T, Purviance K, Mlynarski D, Mshar P, Sosa L and Hadler J. Surveillance for community-associated C. difficile – Connecticut, 2006. MMWR 57;340-3, 2008.