Public Health Interests
Environmental Health; Exposure Assessment
Extensive Research Description
Identification of hazardous chemicals in consumer products
Evaluation of children’s risks from house dust and indoor air
Construction of population vulnerability distributions to assess inter-individual variability in toxicant response
Comparing the risks and benefits of fish consumption
- Ginsberg G., Sonawane B, Nath, R. and Lewandowski P. Paraoxonase-1 (PON1) as disease biomarker for chemical-induced cardiovascular risk: the example of methyl mercury. In press.
- Ginsberg G. (2012) Cadmium risk assessment in relation to background risk of chronic kidney disease. J. Toxicol. Environ. Health Part A 75: 374-390.
- Ginsberg G., Toal B, Simcox, N, Bracker, A, Golembiewski B, Kurland, T and Hedman, C (2011) Human health risk assessment of synthetic turf fields based upon investigation of five fields in Connecticut. J Toxicol Environ Health 74: 1150-1174.
- Ginsberg G., Toal, B. and Kurland, T. (2011) Benzothiazole toxicity assessment in support of synthetic turf field human health risk assessment. J Toxicol Environ Health 74: 1175-1183.
- Chui W.A. and Ginsberg G.L. (2011) Development and evaluation of a harmonized physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) model for perchloroethylene toxicokinetics in mice, rats, and humans. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 253: 203-234.
- Ginsberg, G.L., Guyton, K.Z., Angle, K. and Sonawane B. (2011) Polymorphism in the DNA Repair Enzyme XRCC1: Utility of Current Database and Implications for Human Health Risk Assessment. Mutation Research Reviews – in press.
- Simcox N., Bracker A, Ginsberg G, Toal B, Golembiewski B, Kurland T and Hedman C (2011) Synthetic turf field investigation in Connecticut. J Toxicol Environ Health 74: 1133-1149.