Alumni Day 2010
Showing images 0-0 of 0.
- Alumni work in small group format at the workshop.
David Caruso, PhD, Special Assistant to the Dean for Organization Development of Yale College, led alumni and guests in a lively, interactive and educational professional development workshop – The Emotionally Intelligent Manager.
- Doris Gordon, MPH ‘82, volunteers for an interactive session with David.
- (L-R) Suzanne Cooney, MPH ‘85 and Deborah Rose, PhD ’89, MPH ‘77 join in the fun.
- Derek Shendell, MPH ‘98 - a good dance partner and better sport!
- Leon Vinci, MPH ‘77 and Peaches Quinn, MPH ’80 catch up over coffee.
- Marie Roberto, DrPH ‘89, Mario Garcia, MD, MPH ‘02, and Jim Hadler, MD, MPH ‘82
- Darryl Crompton, MPH ‘76, Lynne Rosenwald-Bannister, MPH ’77 and Roslyn Hamilton, MPH ‘81
- Keynote Speaker, Deborah Prothrow-Stith, MD, Consultant, Spencer Stuart takes time to interact with alumnus Richard Gaenzle, MPH ‘ 81.
- Danielle Williams, Director of Alumni Affairs welcomes panelists (from left): David Dan, Program Development Specialist; Barbara Tinney, Executive Director, New Haven Family Alliance; Erika Tindill, Executive Director, CT Coalition against Domestic Violence and Shafiq Abdussabar, Founder & CEO, CTRIBAT Institute for Social Development.
- Almost 100 alumni joined us for a timely and provocative town and gown conversation that truly explored the intersection of violence and public health.
- Alumni day is always a great opportunity for newer alumni to network with experienced colleagues – (L-R) Renee Coleman-Mitchell, MPH ‘86 and Ashika Brinkley, MPH ’05
- Steve Jonas, MD , MPH ‘67 accepts the 2010 Distinguished Alumni Award from Sue Addiss, MPH ’69, Chairperson of the AYAPH Awards Committee.
- Kevin Nelson, MPH ’92, President of the Association of Yale Alumni in Public Health, presents the Eric W. Mood New Professional Award to Dean Hosgood, MPH ’05, PhD ‘08.
- Olga Brown-Vanderpool, MPH ’74 is one of two individuals inducted into the Public Service Honor Roll by Sue Addiss. The other 2010 inductee was Audrey Weiner, MPH ‘75.
- Elaine Anderson, MPH ‘76 and Janet Bedney, MPH ’82 (L-R), join classmates and friends at the Annual Luncheon and Award Ceremony.
- Steve Jonas and Curtis Patton, PhD, Professor Emeritus.
- Deborah Rose, Curtis Patton and Susan Mayne, PhD, Professor and Department Chair, Chronic Disease Epidemiology (L-R) join Dean Hosgood to celebrate his much deserved recognition.
- Our panelists graciously joined our alumni to continue conversations over lunch. Renee Coleman-Mitchell, Linda Bergonzi-King, MPH ‘90, Shafiq Abudussabur, Sheila Conneen, MPH ’80, and Suzanne Cooney.
- Long lost classmates Arret Okam, MPH ‘74 and Olga Brown-Vanderpool get the chance to reconnect and catch up at the champagne social.
- Family and friends are always welcome - Ralph Vanderpool, husband of Olga Brown-Vanderpool, Lynne Rosenwald-Bannister and Shafiq Abdussabar.