Thomas Michael Gill MD
Humana Professor of Medicine (Geriatrics) and Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases) and of Investigative Medicine; Director, Yale Program on Aging; Director, Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center; Director, Yale Center for Disability and Disabling Disorders; Director, Yale Training Program in Geriatric Clinical Epidemiology and Aging-Related Research
Departments & Organizations
Epidemiology and prevention of functional decline; Disability among community-living older persons; functional assessment; clinical trials more...
- B.S., Loyola University, 1983
- BA, Loyola University, 1985
- M.D., University of Chicago, 1987
- Gill TM. Disentangling the Disabling Process: Insights from the Precipitating Events Project. Gerontologist 2014; 54:533–549.
- Pahor M, Guralnik JM, Ambrosius WT, Blair S, Bonds DE, Church TS, Espeland MA, Fielding RA, Gill TM, Groessl EJ, King AC, Kritchevsky SB, Manini TM, McDermott MM, Miller ME, Newman AB, Rejeski WJ, Sink KM, Williamson JD for the LIFE Study Investigators. Effect of Structured Physical Activity on Prevention of Major Mobility Disability in Older Adults: The LIFE Study Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA 2014; 311:2387-2396.
- Gill TM, Murphy TE, Gahbauer EA, Allore HG. Association of Injurious Falls with Disability Outcomes and Nursing Home Admissions in Community-Living Older Persons. Am J Epidemiol 2013; 178:418-425.