Peter H Van Ness PhD, MPH
Senior Research Scientist in Medicine (Geriatrics) and Lecturer in Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases) and in Medicine (Geriatrics); Co-Director, Biostatistics Core, Yale Program on Aging
Departments & Organizations
Analysis of categorical and longitudinal data; Techniques for handling missing data; Qualitative data analysis; Measurement issues; Gerontologic biostatistics more...
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1983
- M.P.H., Yale School of Public Health, 2000
- Van Ness PH, Peduzzi PN, Quagliarello VJ. Efficacy and effectiveness as aspects of cluster randomized trials with nursing home residents: Methodological insights from a pneumonia prevention trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials 33:1124-1131, 2012.
- Van Ness PH, Murphy TE, Araujo KL, Pisani MA. Multivariate graphical methods provide an insightful way to formulate explanatory hypotheses from limited categorical data. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2012;65:179-188.
- Van Ness PH, Fried TR, Gill TM. Mixed methods for the interpretation of longitudinal gerontologic data: insights from philosophical hermeneutics. Journal of Mixed Methods Research. 2011;5:293-308.