Mayur Mahesh Desai PhD, MPH
Associate Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases); Director, Advanced Professional MPH Program; Core Faculty, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program
Departments & Organizations
Office of Student ResearchSchool of Public Health: Chronic Disease Epidemiology; Global Health ConcentrationCenter for Outcomes Research & Evaluation (CORE) | Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program
Epidemiologic Methods; Health Services Research; Mental Disorders; Cardiovascular Disease; Global Health more...
- B.S., University of California, San Diego, 1992
- M.P.H., Yale School of Public Health, 1994
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1997
- Spatz ES, Ross JS, Desai MM, Canavan ME, Krumholz HM. Beyond insurance coverage: Usual source of care in the treatment of hypertension and hypercholesterolemia. Data from the 2003-2006 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. American Heart Journal 2010;160:115-121.
- Choi P, Kavasery R, Desai MM, Govindasamy S, Kamarulzaman A, Altice FL. Prevalence and correlates of community re-entry challenges faced by HIV-infected male prisoners in Malaysia. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2010;21:416-423.
- Montgomery MA, Desai MM, Elimelech M. Assessment of latrine use and quality and association with risk of trachoma in rural Tanzania. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2010;104:283-289.