Marcella Nunez-Smith MD, MHS
Associate Professor of Medicine (General Medicine) and of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases); Core Faculty, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program; Faculty, Global Health Leadership Institute
Departments & Organizations
Cancer Prevention and Control
School of Public Health
Internal Medicine: General Internal Medicine: Primary Care Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital; Equity Research and Innovation Center (ERIC) | Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program
Healthcare workforce diversity; Cancer disparities; Patient assessment of healthcare experiences; Healthcare system strengthening to address chronic disease in low and middle resource settings; Discrimination in health care systems; Role of race in professional experiences more...
- B.A., Swarthmore College, 1996
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, 2001
- M.H.S., Yale University, 2006
- Hsieh E, Nunez-Smith M, Henrich JB. Needs and Priorities in Women's Health Training: Perspectives from an Internal Medicine Residency Program. J Womens Health. 2013 Aug;22(8):667-72.
- Macintosh T, Desai MM, Lewis TT, Jones BA, Nunez-Smith M. Socially-Assigned Race, Healthcare Discrimination and Preventive Healthcare Services. PLoS One. 2013 May 21
- Nunez-Smith M, Ciarleglio M, Sandoval-Minero T, Elumn J, Castillo-Page L, Peduzzi P, Bradley E. Medical school faculty promotion in the United States: Is there institutional variation by race/ethnicity? American Journal of Public Health. 2012 May;102(5):852-858. Epub 2012 Mar 15.