Environmental Health; Genetics; Mammography; Meningioma; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; Biostatistics
Public Health Interests
Cancer; Environmental Health; Genetics
Dr. Calvocoressi’s primary research interests are in cancer epidemiology and prevention. She is currently participating in a multisite study that is examining the impact of genetic and environmental factors on the development of meningiomas. She has also investigated factors influencing mammography screening in diverse populations.
In addition, Dr. Calvocoressi is the primary developer of the Family Accommodation Scale, a clinician-rated instrument used in research and clinical practice to assess the behaviors of adult family members of patients with obsessive compulsive disorder (FAS-IR). A self-rated version of the instrument has just been developed (FAS-SR) and work is underway to develop a children’s version of the scale.
- Schildkraut JM., Calvocoressi LC, Wang Fet al. Endogenous and exogenous hormone exposure and the risk of meningioma in men Journal of Neurosurgery 2014 Apr;120(4):820-6
- Development and preliminary psychometric evaluation of a self-rated version of the Family Accommodation Scale for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Pinto A, Van Noppen B, Calvocoressi L. Development and preliminary psychometric evaluation of a self-rated version of the Family Accommodation Scale for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders 2013; 2(4):457-65.
- Calvocoressi L, Stowe M, Carter D, Claus EB. Postmenopausal hormone therapy and ductal carcinoma in situ: A population-based case control study. Cancer Epidemiology 2012;36:161-168.
- Claus EB, Calvocoressi L, Bondy ML et al. Dental x-rays and risk of meningioma. Cancer. 2012 Sep 15;118(18):4530-7.
- Claus EB, Calvocoressi L, Bondy ML et al. Family and personal medical history and risk of meningioma. Journal of Neurosurgery 2011 Dec;115(6):1072-7.
- Reduced allergy and immunoglobulin E among adults with intra-cranial meningiomas compared to controls Wiemels JL, Wrensch M, Sison J, Zhou M, Bondy M, Calvocoressi L, Black PM, Yu H, Schildkraut JM, Claus EB. Reduced allergy and immunoglobulin E among adults with intra-cranial meningiomas compared to controls. Int J Cancer. 2011 Oct 15;129(8):1932-9. doi: 10.1002/ijc.25858. Epub 2011 Apr 25.
- Calvocoressi L and Claus EB. Epidemiology and natural history of meningiomas. In Pamir MN, Black PB, Fahlbusch R (eds.). Meningiomas: A Comprehensive Text. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier, 2010.
- Calvocoressi L, Sun A, Kasl SV, Claus EB, Jones BA. Mammography screening of women in their forties: impact of changes in screening guidelines. Cancer 2008; 112:473-80.
- Accompanying Editorial: Brem, RF. Editorial for “Mammography screening of women in their forties: impact of changes in screening guidelines.” Cancer 2008; 112:458-60.
- Dailey A, Kasl SV, Holford TR, Calvocoressi L, Jones BA. Neighborhood-level socioeconomic predictors of non-adherence to mammography screening guidelines. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 2007; 16(11):2293-303.
- Claus EB, Bondy M, Black PM, Calvocoressi L, Schildkraut J, Wiemels JL, Wrensch M. Exogenous hormone use and meningioma risk: what do we tell our patients? Cancer 2007; 110:471-6.
- Jones BA, Reams K, Calvocoressi L, Dailey A, Kasl SV, Liston NM. Adequacy of Communicating Results from Screening Mammograms to African American and White Women. American Journal of Public Health 2007; 97:531-538.
- Calvocoressi L, Stolar M, Kasl SV, Claus EB, Jones BA. Applying recursive partitioning to a prospective study of factors associated with adherence to mammography screening guidelines. American Journal of Epidemiology 2005;162:1215-24.