Jeffrey Townsend, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Public Health (Biostatistics) and of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology; Director of Bioinformatics, Yale Center for Analytical Sciences
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Computational Biology and Bioinformatics | Microbiology
Office of Student ResearchCancer Center, Yale: Cancer Genetics & GenomicsSchool of Public Health: Biostatistics
- Sc.D., Brown University, 1994
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 2002
- Scarpino SV, Iamarino A, Wells C, Yamin D, Ndeffo-Mbah M, Wenzel NS, Fox SJ, Nyenswah T, Altice FL, Galvani AP, Meyers LA and Townsend JP: Epidemiological and viral genomic sequence analysis of the 2014 ebola outbreak reveals clustered transmission. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Apr 1;60 (7) :1079-82. Epub 2014 Dec 15. PMID: 25516185
- Gilbert, J.A., L.A. Meyers, A.P. Galvani, and J.P. Townsend (2014). Probabilistic uncertainty analysis of epidemiological modeling to guide public health intervention policy. Epidemics 6: 37-45.
- McBride, R. C., Boucher, N., Park, D. S., Turner, P. E., & Townsend, J. P. (2013). Yeast response to LA virus indicates coadapted global gene expression during mycoviral infection. FEMS yeast research, 13(2), 162-179.