Daniel Zelterman PhD
Professor of Public Health (Biostatistics)
Professor Zelterman's research interests are centered in applied
statistics. He is the Director of the Biostatistics Core at the
Cancer Center and is Co-Director of the Methodology and Biostatistics
Core of the Center
for Interdisciplinary Research in AIDS (CIRA). His research
covers survival analysis, modeling of cancer mechanisms, and discrete
distributions. His interests in cancer epidemiology and genetics
have brought him to examine the analysis of pedigrees, familial
clusters of disease, and similar computationally intensive statistical
methods. He is the author of five books on the analysis of statistical data and associate editor of five scientific journals.
He is an elected fellow of the American Statistical Association.
- Tulupyev A, Suvorova A, Sousa J, Zelterman D (2013). Beta prime regression with application to risky behavior frequency screening. Statistics in Medicine doi: 10.1002/sim.5820. PMID: 23616229
- Lygizos M, Shenoi SV, Brooks RP, Bhushan A, Brust JCM, Zelterman D, Deng Y, Northrup V, Moll AP, Friedland GH. (2013). Natural ventilation reduces high TB transmission risk in traditional homes in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. BMC Infectious Diseases doi: 10.1186/1471-2334-13-300. PMID: 23815441
- Pilarski R, Patel DA, Weitzel J, McVeigh T, Dorairaj JJ, Heneghan HM, Miller N, Weidhaas JB, Kerin MJ, McKenna M, Wu X, Hildebrandt M, Zelterman D, Sand S, Shulman LP. (2012). The KRAS-Variant is associated with risk of developing double primary breast and ovarian cancer. PLoS One 7 5:e37891. PMID: 22662244
- Zelterman, D. (2010). Applied Linear Models With SAS. Cambridge University Press
- Chae WJ, Gibson TF, Zelterman D, Hao L, Henegariu O, Bothwell AL. (2010). Ablation of IL-17A abrogates progression of spontaneous intestinal tumorigenesis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 107: 5540(4). UI: 20212110
- Zelterman D, Tulupyev A, Heimer R, Abdala N (2010). Statistical design for a small serial dilution series. Statistics in Medicine 29: 411--20. UI: 19943329
- Saif MW, Hashmi S, Zelterman D, Almhanna K, Kim R. (2008). Capecitabine vs continuous infusion 5-FU in neoadjuvant treatment of rectal cancer. A retrospective review. International Journal of Colorectal Disease. 23(2):139-45
- Gueorguieva R, Rosenheck R, Zelterman D (2008). Dirichlet component regression and its applications to psychiatric data. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis. 52: 5344-55
- Zelterman, D. Models for Discrete Data, 2nd edition, Oxford University Press, 352, 2006.