Alumni Day 2009
Showing images 0-0 of 0.
- Association of Yale Alumni in Public Health (AYAPH) board members—David D’Atri, Ph.D. ’74, M.P.H. ’73, and John Lutz, M.P.H. ’84, meet over breakfast on Alumni Day, June 5, 2009.
- Dr. James Jekel, M.P.H. ’65, spends time with alumnus Josef Bohm, M.P.H. ’89, and his son, Andrew.
- Bill Quinn, M.P.H. ’75, president of AYAPH, welcomes alumni and friends to the 2009 Alumni Day festivities.
- Dr. David Himmelstein, associate professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and chief in the Division of Social and Community Medicine, Cambridge Hospital, delivers the keynote address: Health Care Reform: A Medical Emergency.
- Alumni and friends pack the Lawn Club for a timely and provocative session on health care reform.
- Miguel McInnis, M.P.H. ’92, co-chair of the AYAPH program committee, introduces the alumni-faculty panel.
- Michael Owens, M.D. ’77, M.P.H. ’78, moderates a lively and informative panel discussion comprised of alumni and faculty. This year’s panel included: Bradford Buxton, M.P.H. ’78, Mark Legnini, Dr.P.H. ’88, Robert Levine, M.P.H. ’80, and Mark Schlesinger, Ph.D., professor in the Department of Health Policy and Management.
- Panelists—Bradford A. Buxton, M.P.H., president of BTB Associates and principal of HES Advisors, Northfield, Ill.; Mark W. Legnini, Dr.P.H., research director of the Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C.; Robert V. Levine, M.P.H., president and chief executive officer of Peninsula Hospital Center, Far Rockaway, N.Y.; Mark J. Schlesinger, Ph.D., professor in the Department of Health Policy and Management, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, Conn.
- The Q&A is a great opportunity for alumni to interact and share their experiences.
- Dean Paul Cleary joins nearly 100 alumni and friends for the 2009 Alumni Luncheon and Awards Ceremony.
- David Katz, M.D., M.P.H. ’93, is presented with the 2009 Distinguished Service Award by AYAPH Award Committee Member, James Jekel, M.D., M.P.H. ’65.
- Melinda Pettigrew, Ph.D. ’99, was the 2009 recipient of the Eric W. Mood New Professionals Award.
- Evangeline Franklin, M.D. ’82, M.P.H. ’82, is one of four alumni inducted into the Alumni Public Service Honor Roll at this year’s ceremony. The other alumni inductees are: Vandine Or, M.D., M.P.H. ’96, Peter Orris, M.P.H. ’70, and Romericus Stewart, M.P.H. ’97.
- Peter Orris, M.P.H. ’70, receives his induction certificate at the 2009 Awards Luncheon.
- Who could possibly decide! The dessert and champagne reception is always a tempting treat.
- Tracey Thomas, M.P.H. ’94, and Eric Triffin, M.P.H. ’86, take advantage of the social hour at the end of a busy day.