Distinguished Service Award
Attn: AYAPH Awards CommitteeYale School of Public Health
Office of Alumni Affairs60 College Street
P.O. Box 208034
New Haven, CT 06520-8034
(subject line: AYAPH Awards Committee)
The Association of Yale Alumni in Public Health (AYAPH) established the Alumni Service Award in 1999 to recognize the contributions and achievements of alumni who have distinguished careers in public health practice.
Selection Process and Criteria
Final determination of the award recipient is based on outstanding achievement in any of the following categories:
- Leadership in public health practice
- Contribution to field of public health
- Contribution to community/society
- Mentoring young professionals
Nominations should address:
- How the achievement or contribution to practice is beyond the normal expectation.
- How the achievement or contribution to field of public health is beyond the normal expectation.
- How service to community/society is continuous and sustaining.
- How activities contribute to development of new professionals in public health practice.
All nominations should include a CV or resume and should be sent to the AYAPH Awards Committee.
The 2009 Distinguished Service Award Recipient
David L. Katz, M.D., M.P.H. ‘93
2006 - Brian Leaderer, PhD ’75, MPH ’71
2004 - Jim Malloy, MPH ’67
2003 - Harris Pastides, PhD ’80, MPH ’77/Lloyd Novick, MPH ’71
2001 - Elliot Segal, MPH ’65
2000 - Debra Haffner, MPH ’79
1999 - Joshua Cohen, MPH ’59