Competencies - Occupational and Environmental Medicine Track
Upon receiving an M.P.H. degree in the Advanced Professional M.P.H. Program, with a concentration in Occupational and Environmental Medicine, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the scientific merit and feasibility of occupational and environmental health study designs.
- Describe and apply alternative strategies for assessment of occupational and environmental exposures.
- Design and conduct an occupational/environmental health study, with minimal supervision.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate epidemiologic reports and research articles pertaining to occupational and environmental risk factors.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate toxicological reports and research articles pertaining to occupational and environmental risk factors.
- Synthesize complex data sources about occupational and environmental hazards to make inferences about human risk.
- Evaluate a work, home and other environments for potential hazardous exposures.
- Utilize industrial hygiene principles to develop a plan to evaluate and control workplace hazards.
- Communicate occupational and environmental health information to employers, workers, professional audiences, and the general public, orally and in writing.