International Student Financial Aid

Akhil Kshirsagar, MPH student


US citizens and Permanent residents: To apply for Financial Aid for the Yale School of Public Health, please fill out the YSPH application as well as the FAFSA.

Most grant and loan programs offered at the Yale School of Public Health for MPH students are federal programs and allocations are restricted to U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens. International candidates without sufficient personal funds are encouraged to seek funding through their government and private funding agencies. 

Student Visas

The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) works with Yale international students on immigration matters. If you would like more information about the visa application process, please visit the OISS website.

Merit Scholarships for International Students:

Dean's Scholarship

Overlook International Foundation Scholarship Fund (for students in Latin American countries)

The Maureen and Antoine Chiquet Fund for Global Health (for students from Africa): Recipients selected based on demonstrated academic ability, personal accomplishment, strong commitment for making significant long-term public health contribution in Africa.

Information on other funding sources is available through:

Yale's Fellowship Database (useful for MS and PhD students)

Grant Forward

IIE Fulbright

Ford Foundation


There are several private education loans that international students are eligible to apply for with a U.S. co-signer. Please see the following website for a list of lenders. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Farkas (Phone: 203-785-5417).