Photo gallery: The pediatric specialty center in Norwalk
A peek at our physicians and staff in a bright new location
Now that the new Pediatric Specialty Center in Norwalk is open for patients, Yale pediatric specialists are treating patients at several sites.
The new center that opened this summer provides better convenience for families who come to Yale in the Fairfield County area. It’s spacious, filled with natural light, and decorated in a bright palette of orange, yellow, green and blue—the same colors that Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital uses. It has eight exam rooms and a multipurpose procedure room. There are on-site radiology services, including fluoroscopy, ultrasound and X-ray, along with a blood draw station.
YNHCH is still the primary outpatient center for certain patients, including those who require sedation, monitoring or complex diagnostic tests. Meanwhile, families can find many services at another convenient center that opened in 2010 at One Long Wharf in New Haven. Pediatric hematology and oncology specialists see patients at Smilow Cancer Hospital, 7th floor, and at the Pediatric Hematology & Oncology office in Guilford.
To read more about the new Norwalk location, visit www.yalemedicalgroup.org/norwalkpediatriccenter.
Showing images 0-0 of 0.
- The newest pediatric specialty center is located in a building in Norwalk, in the heart of Fairfield County.
- A mother checks in about finances with Gisela Cordero.
- Jessica Wexler, RN, spends time with a child in the new center’s waiting room.
- A mother entertains her child while checking out the hallway in the new center.
- The center’s interactive wall was designed by The Stepping Stones Children’s Museum of Norwalk.
- A radiology technician adjusts the settings on an X-ray machine.
- Pediatric nephrologist Davoud Mohtat, MD, examines a patient.
- Drs. Davoud Mohtat, Lauren Ehrlich and Josephina Vossen look at images together.
- Pediatric urologist Adam Hittelman, MD, examines a patient.
- Drs. Hittelman (left) and Mohtat discuss a case. The center is set up in a way that makes consults easy.