About the Yale Medical Group
The Yale Medical Group is a multi-specialty academic group practice that strives to provide the highest quality health care. Through its clinical activity, YMG also supports the medical education, training, and clinical research missions of the Yale School of Medicine (YSM).
YMG Physicians are full-time faculty at the Yale School of Medicine who see patients and are credentialed by the Yale Medical Group.
YMG seeks to be a premier medical group practice in our region, with special emphasis on translating advances in research into clinical care. YMG is committed to excellence of care and service.
Create a physician-directed organization recognized as the premier comprehensive group practice in the region that:
- Is characterized by clinical excellence and efficiency
- Provides seamless integration of patient services
- Enhances the group's negotiating position for physician services
Compete in the marketplace on the basis of:
- Comprehensive contracting and scope of service delivery
- Continuous improvements in the quality and efficiency of services
Provide an efficient business infrastructure to support clinical practices
Develop a cohesive, successful, and highly distinctive multi-specialty physician group practice able to:
- Rapidly and flexibly respond to market forces (e.g., streamline the contracting and legal review process)
- Rigorously manage clinical professional services in a high quality, cost-effective manner
- Continually lower overall costs through greater operating and administrative efficiencies
- Attract sufficient patient volume to support the teaching and research missions of the school