The Board is the governing body for the Yale Medical Group (YMG), the multi-specialty academic group practice of the full time clinical faculty of the Yale School of Medicine.
The Board is responsible for :
- oversight of YMG strategic planning
- establishment of operational policies and procedures, including establishment of YMG practice standards, optimal service location and facility use and clinical space allocation
- approval of YMG annual operating budgets, subject to further approval by the Dean to the extent not funded exclusively from YMG assessments
- approval of capital budgets and strategies for capital investments, subject to further approval by the Dean and Yale University
- oversight of YMG financial operations
- facilitation of interdepartmental cooperation and resolution of interdepartmental disputes regarding multidisciplinary clinical programs
- timely and effective communication with YMG membership
- regular and timely reporting of actions to the Dean.