Rotating Summary Views
What You Will Learn
- How to create and insert a summary view with a "click-through" feature onto your page
- How to make the views within the "click-through" box link to thepages that contain the full view
- Insert Content components into List component(s). These Content components must already have text entered in the "Introduction text for summaries" field, and if images are to be included, an image in "Image displays in summary views"
- Insert List component(s) onto page and select one of the template options listed below
- Publish the same Content components using the Content Full template on separate pages
Using the "Stepped Features" component templates allows you to insert rotating summary views on your page. The user will have to click "Prev" and "Next" to scroll through the summary views once they are published on a page.
- In your Building Blocks folder, create a New Content Component and select "List" from the schema menu.
- Add all of the content components to the list that you want to include in the rotating list once published to your page. Within these content components, the "Introduction text for summaries" must include text. If you want an image to appear in the rotating list, there must also be images inserted in the "Image displays in summary views" field.
- Save & Close your list component once finished.
- Go into the root folder of your publication, then open the page on which you want to add rotating summary views.
- In the component presentations tab, insert your list component and select one of the following for the component template (Note- If you want to create a side-by-side layout, you will have to create two lists, one with the left column template and one with the right column template):
- Stepped Features Box (wide)
- Stepped Features Box (left column)
- Stepped Features Box (right column)
- Save & Close your page, and publish! (Remember, the content components that are being used in the list component must also be published separately on different pages.)
Prior to adding images to pages, you must first upload the image into Tridion as a component itself.
Prior to adding a video to a page, the video must first be made available on the web using the Media Library, YouTube, or Vimeo....