Right Column Summaries
What You Will Learn
- How to create and insert a summary view on the right column of your page
- How to link this summary view to the page that contains the full view
- Create or edit a Content component with text in the "Introduction text" field and, if desired, an image in the "Image displays in summary" field.
- Insert the Content component onto a page using one of the templates listed below.
- Publish the same component using the Content Full template on a separate page.
Tridion offers several "Right Column Summary" templates that allow you to display brief text (and even images) on the right column of your page. These are particularly useful for displaying contact information and links to important documents, much like the callout templates.
Component Templates for Right Column Summaries include (examples listed in the right column of this page):
- Summary- Title and Text Only #right
- Summary- Title, Text and Image #right
- Summary- Title, Text and Image in Green Shaded Box #right
- Summary- Title, Text and Image in Purple Shaded Box #right
- Summary- Title, Text and Image in Teal Shaded Box #right
- You can create a Right Column Summary by either editing an existing Content component or by creating a new content component. To learn how to create a new content component that features text, visit the Add Text section.
- Keep the component open. Copy text from one of the paragraphs that would be suitable for summary-type text and paste this into the "Introduction text for summaries (Not shown in full view)" field. If none of your paragraphs have text that work as an introduction, create new text that briefly summarizes the point of your content.
- Summary views give you the option to also include an image. In the "Image displays in summary views" field, select an image you want to be displayed with the summary. This image will only be featured when the component is used as a Summary. If you want the image to also view on the full page, you must include it again in the "Image" field below "Texts and tables".
- Once you've completed the component, remember to click on "Save & Close" in the home tab.
- Determine where in your site you want to feature a brief review and open the corresponding page in your root folder.
- Click the "Component Presentations" tab at the top of the page, and click "Insert" at the bottom.
- Select the component you've just created or edited, and in the "Component Template" drop down menu, select the right column summary view you want (types listed above and examples are to the right).
- Remember to hit "Save & Close" in the Home tab.
- To publish:
- If the component you used is part of a page that has already been published, you can now publish the page that you just inserted the Content Summary template into.
- If this is a new component that does not exist elsewhere, you must also create a separate page for this component to live in. This page must also be published. For instructions on how to build a page, visit this section.