If you click the heading above or "Read More" link below, you'll be directed to the New York Times website, rather than a YSM webpage.
- How to create and insert a summary linking to an external site
- Create an External Link Summary component and fill in the Title, Introduction text, External Link, and any other applicable fields.
- Insert the component onto a page using any summary template and publish.
- To start, create a component using the schema External Link Summary.
- Fill out the Title and Introduction text fields with the text you would like to display on the page. You may also fill in a Subtitle if you wish, but that is optional.
- Enter the address you would like the summary to direct users to in the External URL field.
- Summary Views give you the option to also include an image. In the Image displays in summary views field, select an image you want to be displayed with the summary.
- Once you've completed the component, remember to click on Save & Close in the home tab.
- Locate and open the page where you'd like to place the summary in the Root folder.
- Click the Component Presentations tab at the top of the page, and click Insert at the bottom.
- Select the component you've just created or edited, and in the Component Template dropdown menu, select any summary template (Summary - H2 Title, Text, and Image is the standard summary template). Then, click Insert.
- External Link Summary components can be used with any summary template. You can read more about the other options here.
- Remember to hit Save & Close in the Home tab.
- Publish the page.