Inserting a RSS Feed on your page is a simple solution for adding a list of automatically updated news.
- In your Building Blocks folder, create a New Content Component and select "RSS Feed" from the schema list.
- Heading: Insert a title for your RSS Feed.
- Number of items to display: This is the amount of news items that will populate in your list. Keep this number low.
- URL of the feed: Insert the URL of a site's RSS Feed. For example, the NY Times Homage Page RSS Feed is http://feeds.nytimes.com/nyt/rss/HomePage
- Save & Close your component.
- Go into the root folder of your publication and open the page you want to include a RSS Feed on.
- In the Component Presentations tab, insert your component. Select "RSS Feed" to publish your feed in the center of your page (example below), or "RSS Feed for right column" to publish in the right column of your page (example at right).
- Save & Close your page. Then publish!
RSS Feed: New York Times Home Page
- Bits Blog: Amazon Web Services to Open German Center
- Ottawa Gunman’s Family Releases Statement
- Canadian Police Say Ottawa Attack Was Work of Lone Gunman
- Doubts Raised About New Streaming Services as Comcast Reports Rise in Earnings
- Listening Post: The Latest North Korean Mystery: A Diplomatic Charm Offensive