Inserting a RSS Feed on your page is a simple solution for adding a list of automatically updated news.
- In your Building Blocks folder, create a New Content Component and select "RSS Feed" from the schema list.
- Heading: Insert a title for your RSS Feed.
- Number of items to display: This is the amount of news items that will populate in your list. Keep this number low.
- URL of the feed: Insert the URL of a site's RSS Feed. For example, the NY Times Homage Page RSS Feed is http://feeds.nytimes.com/nyt/rss/HomePage
- Save & Close your component.
- Go into the root folder of your publication and open the page you want to include a RSS Feed on.
- In the Component Presentations tab, insert your component. Select "RSS Feed" to publish your feed in the center of your page (example below), or "RSS Feed for right column" to publish in the right column of your page (example at right).
- Save & Close your page. Then publish!
RSS Feed: New York Times Home Page
- Live Coverage: Super Bowl Media Day
- Israeli Opposition Takes Aim at Netanyahu Over Planned Speech to Congress
- The Cost of Caution: Shutting Down New York’s Subways Is Very Expensive
- Battle Over a Successor as Sheldon Silver Faces Calls to Quit as Speaker
- White House Drone Crash Is Tied to Drinking by Intelligence Worker