- How to create a list of publications (magazines, journals, etc.) to your page
- Create Image components for the cover image for each issue.
- Create a Publication Reference component for each issue of the publication.
- Create a List component and insert your Publication References.
- Add the List component onto your page using the Publications List template. Publish.
To highlight your organization's printed publications such as a newsletter or magazine, use the "Publications List" template. This template will add a browse-able gallery of issues for a particular publication with a title, image of the issue cover, and link to a PDF version of the issue.
Creating a print publication list from scratch requires building quite a few components. You will want to first upload images for the covers, then create a component for each issue, then assemble the list. These components can exist anywhere in the Building Blocks folder, but it may be easiest to create a separate folder for these components.
- First, you will need an image to appear as the "cover" for each issue. Upload each cover you will need for the list as an Image multimedia component.
- Create a "Publications Reference" component for each issue of the publication you'd like to display in a publication list.
- Publication Name: Enter the name of the Publication.
- Issue Name: Enter the volume, e.g. March 2012 or Vol. 3
- Cover image: Select the appropriate cover image you uploaded in step 2.
- Issue Date: Select the issue date using the calendar button.
- URL: If you have a link to the issue, click the hyperlink button in this field and enter the URL.
- Save & Close your Publications Reference component(s).
- While still in the Building Blocks folder, create a "List" component.
- In the title field, enter the heading you want to appear on the page for your publications list. For example, "Recent Publications" or "Latest Publications."
- Save & Close.
- Then go into the Root folder of your publication and insert the List component on your page using the "Publications List" template.
- Save & Close, then publish the page.