- How to insert different types of calendars on your page.
- If you need assistance adding events or managing a calendar, please see the Event Calendar support section.
- Create a Calendar schema component; enter a title and/or introduction text
- Add the alias to refer to your organization's calendar.
- Select future or past display options, adjust number of events and days to display
- If desired, add Keywords to filter the events displayed
The Web Group frequently receives requests for assistance with inserting and/or editing calendars. While we provide instructions for how to implement a calendar on your site, we do not edit the content on your organization's calendar, such as editing existing events.
Adding an events calendar to your page requires the use of a Calendar component and accessing specific information from the YSM tools site. To find information about adding events to and managing calendars please see the Event Calendar support section.
Using the Calendar Schema
- Create a new component, name it and select the schema Calendar.
- You can enter a Title and/or Introduction Text text which will appear above the calendar on the page, both are optional.
- By default the calendar will display all YSM events. To show only events from a particular calendar, fill out the Calendar alias field. To get your calendar alias:
- In a separate browser tab or window, visit http://tools.medicine.yale.edu/groups/ and select the calendar which you would like to display.
- Click the Security navigation item near the top of the page.
- In the second item on that page, Website, you will see the alias of your site in the field after "http://tools.medicine.yale.edu/"
- After copying the alias (highlight it then press Ctrl + C) you can close the window and return to your Calendar component in Tridion.
- Choose a Template from the dropdown menu. Examples of each option are:
- Select if you would like this calendar to display events from the Future or from the Past. Most calendars should use Future, the Past option is only to display an archive of past events.
- The field for Number of events to display will be pre-populated with 10, change this to display more or less events based on your departments calendared items.
- The field for Number of days to display will be pre-populated with 30 days, this can be adjusted (to show all events in the next year just enter 365).
- If you are using a calendar alias and that calendar uses keywords, the Keywords to Display field allows you to limit this calendar to display ONLY items tagged with those keywords. You can add or remove additional keywords using the green addition symbol or red "X" to the left of the field.
- Click Save & Close in the Home tab.
- On the page where you'd like to add the calendar, click Insert in the Component Presentations tab.
- Locate and select the Calendar schema component you just created.
- Select either the “Calendar Full or Calendar # right” for the Component template, Full will display in the center column and # right will display in the right column.
- Click save and close, then publish the page.